Monday, November 9, 2009

lame-o!

Not doing so well, so far, now am I?! LOL! I've been reading the class printouts, but that seems to be as far as I get. aarrgh! Got to do better!

I liked today's subject.. documenting a journey. So maybe that will be a good incentive for me.

We've decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year... that in and of itself is a pretty big statement for us. Our house is fairly small, our dining table is small, and our family is quite large (if everyone comes). So far 4 of the 18 are going out of town, so that leaves us with 14. Still have to get confirmation from about half of that number to get our final number. Sooooooo, along the line of having a big family celebration at our house, I want to get our living room spruced up.

We've never put any nice window coverings on the windows since we moved in 5 years ago, so that needs to get done. We need a new tv console because the cheap-o one we got at WM is slowly falling apart. And I might even go so far as to figure out if coverings for the couch and loveseat might be in the budget. For only being 5 years old, this living room set, has taken a beating, and is starting to look like it. Has anyone ever tried this type of a covering? I see pictures of them, and they look nice, but have never met one up close and personal.

So my first step will be to take some photos of the now, and keep updating as we go along! Should be interesting... I only have the weekends for shopping expeditions, and there aren't too many left before Turkey Day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I managed to create a new banner and get it loaded to Typepad--all by myself--a first! I like that I can switch out the photos in the banner. Just had to share it with someone. :-)

Lauren said...

Couch covers = SPEND THE MONEY FOR THE EXPENSIVE, GOOD FITING ONES!!!!!!!!

The cheap ones you CONSTANTLY have to fix... I mean like every time you sit on them (or every few days if you can stand it that long).

I had a bad experiences with cheap ones, but I understand quality ones are nice and stay put and actually look nice even after someone sits on them! (hmmm... think those made an impression on me? LOL)

Angela2932 said...

Good for you for thinking through some goals! The living room make-over sounds like it could be very rewarding. . . just imagine sitting there and looking around at what you've done! Thanks for the comment about my dog. She's such a sweet, old, girl. . . we're hoping she can hang in there a little longer :(

Catherine said...

Hey Deb, thanks for visiting my blog. I am now doing a little blog hopping as well. You are really off to a nice start. WTG
Catherine
http://myview-catherine.blogspot.com/

Rachel Brett said...

Excellent Goal Deb, Look forward to seeing your decorating journey. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

sharyncarlson said...

I totally agree with what Lauren wrote. The super cheap couch covers can sometimes end up looking worse than your original sofa and need constant adjustment. I hope you can find one you like!

humel said...

Hey there, thanks for calling by my blog :-) The green scarf is my new favourite! I must tell you how much I *love* that Christmas journal/album you shared in your first post :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Hope your living room makeover goes well - and you take photos!